Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2013

REVIEW: Seer's Hope by Maree Anderson

I rate this book 4.9/5. Here is my breakdown:

Characters:5/5. Maree has created and juggled a diverse cast of characters with skill and aplomb. The people in this book are relatable, understandable, and believable. She does a particularly good job at helping the audience understand the frustrations of being blind in the situations Hope finds herself in.

Story: 5/5. I settled comfortably into the tone of an epic fantasy, but Maree runs with her characters to make a story all her own. I felt almost no sense of the dreaded deus ex machina; the plot evolved naturally and organically. Well done!

Style: 5/5 - this is a hard category for me as I generally only notice writing style if it brings me out of the story; nevertheless, I was pleased by the descriptions and verisimilitude in this story. I particularly enjoyed the depictions of Hope's experiences as a blind woman; it was very well done.

Grammar/spelling 4.9/5. Overall fantastic, but I did note a few missing words (often linking verbs). Still better than many novels I have enjoyed.

Overall - thank you for a fantastic read. I loved walking with the Dayamari, with Hope and Blayne and Willem and Maya and the rest, and I look forward to rejoining them.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment