Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2013

REVIEW: The Beholder by Ivan Amberlake

The Beholder is a sterling example of what happens when an author introduces real people into a world which he/she has clearly envisioned. The characters are deep, real people with authentic motivations and desires; I wanted to follow Jason Walker on his journey of discovery, and I held my breath as he fell for the otherworldly Emily Ethan.

I did not feel that there was a wasted word in this book. I read it in about 2 and a half hours (I read fast, obviously) but a good chunk of that time was me being up waaaay too late :) Any author that can make me put off sleep for reading is doing something right. If you like anything by Neil Gaiman, you will appreciate Amberlake's "The Beholder." I look forward to reading more!



Jason P. Crawford
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jasoncrawford

No comments:

Post a Comment