Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Organ Reapers: Compelling, Intriguing, Excellently Done!

Today, I am reviewing the paranormal/sci-fi/I’m not sure exactly what story Organ Reapers by Shay West. This is a story set in the modern day AND in a parallel world. In this parallel world, people known as Harvesters cross the dimensional boundary using a “mystical” machine in order to kill humans and take their organs back to their homeland, where their high priest uses them to save the lives of their subjects. Obviously, this doesn’t sit well with everyone.

I give this book a 4.5/5. Here is my breakdown.

Characters: 4.5/5. Really solid. The characters from both worlds were believable and interesting. The culture clashes between the worlds drew me in and appealed to me, while Eli’s struggle with the fact that there was a world other than his own felt real. I wish that we had seen more of Eli’s budding feelings for his partner, though; that particular arc never really seemed to come to fruition, in any sense.

Plot/Storyline: 5/5. This was unique and interesting. Extra-dimensional terrorists on a divine mission to save their own people by killing OUR people and taking their organs? Awesome. The language conveyed the imagery and intensity of the plot very well. I loved the ending and the final reveal.

Flow: 5/5. Great. The story moved on at an excellent pace. I was never bored or feeling rushed by the flow of the novel. I also thought the cross-cutting of scenes between our protagonists was executed perfectly. Well done!
Spelling/Grammar: 4.5/5. I noted a very few spelling and/or grammar errors in this book, but nothing that I would write home about. It in no way detracted from the story.

                                                                                         
Overall: 4.5/5. A fantastic story that I really enjoyed. I love the contrast between the worlds and how the characters in each are both very different and very similar. You can pick up your copy at the link below. Thank you so much for the read!


No comments:

Post a Comment